These are the general terms & conditions that apply to the terms of purchase from Oak Furniture Land Inc. (OAK FURNITURE LAND INC, ‘WE’ ‘US’ OR ‘OUR’) regardless of whether the order is placed online or over the telephone.
You should not proceed with your order until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
1. Product Specifications
- We and our suppliers have a policy of continuous product development. We reserve the right to amend the specifications of any goods or products without prior notice in relation to future sales. This includes adjustments to sizes or ornamental detailing on individual items purchased. Please email or call at least 48 hours after ordering to check exact sizes or potential ornamental changes as on occasions minor adjustments may have been made by our supplier.
- Products supplied may differ as a consequence from those on display or advertised. However, the products supplied will be of equivalent value, functionality and appearance.
- All our furniture is made from natural wood and accordingly appearances may vary. Some woods will mellow with age and exposure to sunlight. When you purchase our furniture you are buying pieces where varying degrees of distressing is generally applied. This is very much intended and makes each piece totally individual as designed by the manufacturers. We sell only genuine rustic designs with varying degrees of distressing from piece to piece; this may involve wood splits, wood filling, knots, purposeful distress/scratch marks, antiquing etc. Certain degrees of filler may be used on our furniture. This is common and part of the manufacturing process. Please note that our mango items are usually of a very rustic nature and a heavy distressing is usually applied. This may appear as a dulling or rubbing effect to the waxed finish. Knotty and grainy woods are used; this is as intended by the supplier.
- Leather products are made from quality natural leather and accordingly they may not be uniform in color or texture and may exhibit traces of natural markings such as scars and bites.
- Every effort is made to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear in our stores, on our website and in other promotional materials. We cannot guarantee however the complete accuracy of the pictures or photographs that are shown. Many conditions such as your monitor or screen settings and batching can affect the coloring of items in a picture.
- From time to time, we may have a specifically marked section of our website marked as clearance ranges. When you purchase items from a clearance/discontinued range please note that this stock is new and boxed. The items are from a discontinued range and as such are being sold as unused seconds. These items have been previously handled and so they may have knocks, scratches or other defects due to being over handled. The sale price takes this into consideration. Thus these products are sold in ‘As Is’ condition, all purchases are final and they may not be returned.
- Most of our products do not require any home assembly. However on occasion, to aid in delivery or to avoid damage, our designers have deemed it best that certain items will need a small amount of home assembly. This includes all dining tables and beds and some armoires, occasional tables and sofa products. Any handles, e.g. for drawers and armoire doors, may be on the inside of the drawers and doors. Items needing home assembly will be clearly identified in the individual item description on our website. Our designers have made efforts to ensure that any assembly is as straightforward as possible and that it will not detract from the quality or structural integrity of the product. We will not unbox (unless you have previously agreed this with our customer services team ahead of your items being dispatched; please see our Delivery Options page for full information) any of your items or assemble any of your furniture. Please note that we cannot facilitate the removal of any of your packaging. We cannot accept any liability for any extra costs incurred by you as a result of incorrect or incomplete measurements or information supplied by you, or minor alterations made by the supplier
- Our solid hardwood furniture will require treating with wax immediately upon receipt. Ensure that you wax the whole item, not just the top and repeat every six months with natural wax polish. Please treat your furniture immediately on delivery as your item may have been in shipping for some time and modern home heating/cooling will accelerate the drying process. Failure to treat your wood furniture as instructed can result in problems that will not be covered by your warranty.
- Please be aware that you are purchasing natural timber products where slight timber movement in shipping is a possibility. On rare occasions, due to extreme climate changes in shipping, you may find slight swelling on doors or drawers, making them stiff to open. You should not return or refuse the item if this is the case, as usually this will rectify itself within a week once the timbers adjust to their new environment and heating/cooling conditions. You may also find that simply swapping the drawers will remedy this. However, on rare occasions, the timber movement may not settle and you may need to sand or shave a small amount from a drawer or door. If this is necessary, please sand or shave from the bottom of the drawer front or from the side of the door as this will not be noticeable and will not invalidate your warranty. A simple touch of furniture wax will then protect any adjustments made. Again, failure to treat your wood furniture as instructed can result in problems that will not be covered by your warranty. Stiff drawers or doors will not be deemed as faulty or defective. This means you are purchasing our furniture on the understanding that any necessary simple adjustments may need to be undertaken by you at your expense. If you do not wish to undertake any adjustments needed and wish to return the item we will of course offer a refund under our 7 day money back guarantee. In such an instance, the item must be returned in unused condition at your expense. Please see our Returns & Cancellations policy for full details.
- Our furniture is crafted from natural hardwood timbers and accordingly there may be slight differences in size between products of the same description. All product dimensions specified by us are approximate.
- There may be differences in the spacing around doors and drawers; however, this will always be within our quality control limits.
- By purchasing our furniture you agree to undertake any simple necessary adjustments yourself. Certain issues of the type described in this section will not be considered to be defects or faults.
Please refer to our Care & Characteristics page for more information.
- We always try to be as accurate as possible; however specified measurements are always approximate. No two products of ours will ever be identical. Please contact us within 48 hours of ordering if minor changes to dimensions are going to be a problem.
- All listed prices exclude sales tax and are subject to any promotional offer or discount. Sales tax will be added at check out as necessary.
- The prices displayed on the website are for online purchases and promotions only and are not transferable to sales through any other means. Prices relating to any online promotion are valid strictly until midnight (Eastern Time) on the day on which the promotion expires, as determined by us.
- We will not be bound to honor any prices, that have been displayed in error, whether typographical or otherwise. In cases where the error has not been noticed until after an order has been placed, we reserve the right to cancel the order, notify you in writing and, to the extent we have accepted payment from you, a full refund will be offered.
- You can pay by credit, charge or debit card and PayPal at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in place at the date and time of your order. You agree that all details you provide to us for the purpose of purchasing products which may be offered by us on our website, will be correct; that the credit, charge or debit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of any products. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit, charge or debit card or PayPal details before accepting your order.
- Payment will be taken in full at the time of the order.
- No contract shall be formed until we have completed all of the following steps: we have received your valid credit, charge or debit card or PayPal payment details; we have accepted your order and sent you confirmation of receipt of your order by return email to the address you have given us during the registration procedure; and we have dispatched the goods to you.
- We are entitled to refuse any order placed by you.
- We reserve the right to accept either a discount code or cash back, but will not accept both on one order. Cash back arrangements are made through an affiliate program and shall not be deemed to be a direct arrangement with Oak Furniture Land.
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund any order, at any time.
- We are only able to deliver orders to you if you have a delivery address in the following states/district: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington D.C. For our free delivery service, the date suggested on your order confirmation is an estimated delivery date, not a guarantee of delivery. We will be in touch to confirm the date.
- Once the your goods have been dispatched from our central distribution center, if for any reason we are unable to complete delivery to you beyond our control, return fees will apply, please see our Returns & Cancellations page for a full list of costs.
- Any changes made to your order might impact the delivery date. We may be unable to deliver your goods on your confirmed delivery date, particularly if you make changes to your order. If we are unable to deliver your entire order on the same day, we will deliver your order in installments. We will not charge you for this, unless installment delivery is made at your request, in which case we reserve the right to add additional charges. Should you not be available at the time of delivery, you will be left a card with details on so that you can contact our carrier and arrange redelivery at a cost of $150 and a further $100 for each additional box or carton. We would be grateful for you providing a safe means of access from the public highway to the place of delivery. If our carrier considers the access unsafe, we might not deliver the goods until safe access is provided. Redelivery, cancellation or return fees might apply.
- If you are not be available at the time of delivery and therefore delivery cannot be made, you will be left a card with details about how to contact our carrier and arrange re-delivery at an additional cost of $150 and a further $100 for each additional box or carton. If our carrier considers, in his or her sole discretion, the access to the place of delivery to be unsafe, we might not deliver the goods until safe access can be provided. Redelivery, cancellation or return fees might apply.
- If we accidentally damage goods in the course of delivery, our liability for that damage is limited to the repair, replacement or refund of the goods delivered or the value thereof. We will not pay compensation beyond these limits. Time of delivery is not covered in these Terms & Conditions. We will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the unlikely event that there is an issue with your goods on arrival, our customer services team will help to resolve the matter for you as quickly as possible.
How to Contact us
Telephone: 1-844-304-6777 Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm (Eastern time)
Once your service request has been recorded, a member of our Customer Services Team will look into the best way to resolve the situation and you will be contacted within 2 business days. Product issues are only dealt with by our Customer Service Team. Please do not report them to the Delivery Team. Please report damages within 2 business days of delivery. In exceptional circumstances, we may, in our sole discretion, accept reports of product issues up to 7 days after delivery. We will require a photograph of the damage in order to arrange a Furniture Specialist to resolve the issue.
- If you choose to have your goods delivered to your own third-party carrier, we will not accept responsibility or liability for any damage to your goods once they are out of our control. Any forwarding delivery is at your own risk.
The items will generally be delivered via a large delivery truck, so please be sure your property is accessible for this size of vehicle or else let us know in advance. If we are unable to deliver the goods due to there being no safe means of access, we reserve the right to cancel your order and refund the payments, subject to our Returns & Cancellation policy, where fees might apply.
- For orders containing multiple items, the initial estimated delivery date you will be assigned according to the longest lead time. If multiple orders are placed for the same delivery address, we reserve the right to arrange for a single delivery and the estimated delivery date will be chosen according to the longest lead time.
6. Returns, Refunds, and Your Right to Cancel.
We are pleased to offer our customers the following guarantee:
- You have the right to cancel your order within 7 days from delivery for orders placed online, unless the state of delivery requires a different time period. You must contact us within 7 days from delivery to advise us of your intention to return the item. Items returned under our 7 day money-back guarantee will be subject to the return fees set forth in these Terms and Conditions.Delivery fees are not refundable once the order has shipped.You will receive your refund within 30 days of cancellation. Do not return items without prior authorization as any goods sent back without prior authorization will be returned back to you and the cost of delivery charged to your account. After the 7 day period we will not accept returns of any items purchased unless the item was delivered damaged or was defective.
- Full refund of the cost of the goods (where applicable) is wholly conditional upon the above conditions being met and the refund will be authorized only after a full inspection of the goods by our Returns Department to check for completeness and correct product return. You will be refunded the full invoice amount, less cost of return and/or cancellation or return fees if applicable. If you request that we pick up the item for return then our return charges will apply and will be deducted from your refund. If you are unable, for whatever reason, to permit or allow pick-up of your goods on the confirmed date arranged, you must inform us at least 2 working days prior to the original agreed collection date so that another date can be booked. If, through no fault of our own, we cannot gain access to make the pick-up on the date agreed, redelivery, return or cancellation fees will apply.
- Should Oak Furniture Land deem it impractical to offer a replacement product for any item that is damaged or faulty, we reserve the right to offer a repair, an allowance for a repair, or alternatively a refund for your purchase.
- EXCEPTIONS: Any custom-made or custom-altered sofas, mattresses and other items are non-returnable and non-refundable unless they are materially defective or have been damaged in the course of delivery. Any items purchased on an ‘As Is’ basis are non-returnable and non-refundable unless they have been damaged in the course of delivery. We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties. For hygiene reasons, mattresses are excluded from our 7 day money back guarantee unless they are unopened and in original packaging.
- We only accept returns in the original packaging. Therefore, we caution you that if you open the box to examine the product, you must do so without damaging the box, packaging or the product in any way in order to be eligible for a refund.
- After the 7 day return period has expired, we do not accept returns of any items purchased unless faulty.
- We will not be liable for any damage or loss resulting from repairs attempted by you or third parties. Failure to care for your furniture in the recommended way will result in invalidation of your warranty.
- All items of furniture are purchased as individual items and as such we will only refund/or replace any items which are defective or damaged. You are not entitled to reject other items purchased together with the damage or defective items. In the event that replacement items are not available, we will refund you the purchase price or offer a similar item from another range which we believe complements the other items you have purchased. Should you have a faulty product from a range no longer available this will not entitle any other non-faulty items to be returned. Please note custom-made or ‘As Is’ items are non-returnable.
- All refunds are conditional upon the above conditions being met. Refunds will be authorized only after a full inspection of the goods by our Returns Department to check for completeness and correct product return. You will be refunded the full invoice amount, less cost of return and/or cancellation or return fees if applicable. If you are unable, for whatever reason, to facilitate collection of your goods on the confirmed date arranged, you must inform us at least 2 business days prior to the original agreed collection date so that another date can be booked. If, through no fault of our own, we cannot gain access on the date agreed, redelivery, return or cancellation fees will apply.
Cancellation Before Delivery.
You will be sent an email when the goods are being sent from the UK. Prior to this email being sent you will able to cancel the order and receive a full refund. If you decide to cancel your order after the goods are sent, or if the goods have been sent but cannot be delivered due to reasons beyond our control, you will be liable for a $150 fee plus an additional $100 per box/carton.
These reasons for incurring a returns charge include, but are not limited to:
- You cancel your order after the items have been dispatched from the UK
- We are unable to complete the delivery due to access issues
- You are unavailable or unable to take delivery of your order
7. Guarantees and Claims Under Guarantees
- The provisions of paragraphs 7 and 8 apply in addition to any legal consumer rights in relation to defective or incorrectly-described products. These legal rights are not affected or diminished by our guarantee.
- The guarantor is Oak Furniture Land Inc.
- We guarantee all products against faulty workmanship and/or faulty materials for a period of 12 months from the actual date of delivery. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify any claim or allegation of defect, faulty workmanship or faulty materials.
- We will arrange to repair a defective item free of charge. Alternatively, at our sole discretion, an allowance may be paid to you to cover the cost of a local repair. We reserve the right to offer, in our sole discretion, a full refund if a repair is not accepted by you. If a repair is not possible or practical, we may offer you, at our discretion, a replacement or a full refund. Should a replacement no longer be available or circumstances determined by us make a replacement impractical, it may be replaced with a part that closely matches it. We reserve the right to send out an independent third party Furniture Specialist of our selection to evaluate and/or repair furniture where a customer makes any claim under this guarantee.
- 5. These guarantees do not cover normal wear and tear and natural characteristics of wooden products, including movement in wooden products; neglect; abuse or misuse of your goods in failing to follow the correct care procedures as outlined in any material provided to you, including the oiling and waxing of furniture; loss or damage due to fire, smoke, water, lightning, sunlight, weather, rusting, corrosion, theft or explosion; accidental damage or loss or damage caused by a third party.
- If a refund is given under the terms of the 12 month guarantee, we reserve the right to deduct from the refund a reasonable amount in line with the amount of use you have had from the product, prior to reporting the fault.
- You can choose any item of furniture from Oak Furniture Land whether it is online or on the phone, it will be offered at the same great price.
- If our prices are marked at a discount then this refers to the saving Oak Furniture Land customers make when shopping with us. These discounts are exclusive to Oak Furniture Land customers.
- For products displaying a "Was" and "Now" price, any saving refers to the difference between our previous selling price (the "was" price) and the current price (the "now" price).
- Our dining chairs and dining tables are offered at full price and are not part of this sale. Oak Furniture Land customers can make savings when buying them as a set of table and chairs. This saving is the difference between the full price if the items are purchased individually and the "set saving price". The saving varies depending on the range of table and chairs and the number of chairs purchased.
- From time to time we will also run various limited time only events that will include a selection of products. These will be clearly marked with titles such as "Exclusive Savings", "4 Day Spectacular" and "Flash Savings". We will mark the pricing with a "was" price and a "this weekend only" or an "extra savings price". When these events end the price will revert to the previous selling price, which will also be displayed.
- If you have any further questions regarding our prices, please contact us using either our contact form or by call us toll-free on 1-844-304-6777.
If any part of these Terms & Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Terms & Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Terms & Conditions.
You may send us notices or communicate with us by phone at 1-844-304-6777 and/or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send us an email that asks for a response, and you do not receive a response within ten (10) business days, please send us another email as we may not have received your previous email. When you send email to us, you are communicating with us electronically, and you agree that we may communicate with you electronically. You acknowledge that that communications by email are not considered confidential communications. Therefore, please do not send us any confidential information by email
12. Applicable Law and Requirement of Arbitration
All disputes between you and us will be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. You hereby agree to give up your right to go to court to assert or defend your rights under this contract, except for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, NOT by a judge or jury. You agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including with respect to the interpretation of any provision of this Agreement, or concerning our performance or obligations, or your performance or obligations, shall be resolved by mandatory and binding arbitration submitted to JAMS in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules at the request of either us or you pursuant to the following conditions:
- Place of Arbitration Hearings. Unless you elect to conduct the arbitration by telephone or written submission, an in-person arbitration hearing will conducted at a JAMS facility in your area or in New York City.
- Selection of Arbitrator shall be made pursuant to JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures or JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures, depending on the amount of the claim as specified herein.
- Conduct of Arbitration. The arbitration shall be conducted by a single neutral arbitrator under JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. For claims exceeding $5,000.00, the arbitration shall be conducted under JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures Subject to the applicable JAMS procedure, the arbitrator shall allow reasonable discovery in the forms permitted by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, to the extent consistent with the purpose of the arbitration. The arbitrator shall have no power or authority to amend or disregard any provision of this section or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, except as necessary to comply with JAMS’ Policy on Consumer Arbitrations Pursuant to Pre-Dispute Clauses Minimum Standards of Procedural Fairness. The arbitration hearing shall be commenced promptly and conducted expeditiously. If more than one day is necessary, the arbitration hearing shall be conducted on consecutive days unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties.
- Findings and Conclusions. The arbitrator shall, after reaching judgment and award, prepare and distribute to the parties written findings of fact and conclusions of law relevant to such judgment and award and containing an opinion setting forth the reasons for the giving or denial of any award. The award of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties, and judgment thereon may be entered in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Costs and Fees. You will be subject to a $250 filing fee to initiate an arbitration. To the extent permitted by JAMS procedures, each party shall bear its own costs and expenses and an equal share of the arbitrators' and administrative fees of arbitration, with us remaining responsible for its share of costs, expenses and fees, plus, any costs, expenses and fees required of it under JAMS procedures.
- Litigation. These terms and conditions, as well as our relationship, concerns and constitutes a transaction in interstate commerce, and therefore shall be governed by the United States Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq., and federal arbitration law. Either party also may, without waiving any remedy under this Agreement, seek from any court having jurisdiction any interim or provisional relief that is necessary to protect the rights or property of that party, pending the establishment of the arbitral tribunal (or pending the arbitral tribunal's determination of the merits of the controversy). We also both agree that you or we may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
- CLASS ACTION WAIVER. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms & Conditions. You and we both agree that that any arbitration or other legal proceedings of any sort by or between you and us will be conducted on an individual basis and not in any class action, mass action or on a consolidated or representative basis. You further agree that the arbitrator shall have no authority to award class-wide relief. You acknowledge and agree that this agreement specifically prohibits you from commencing arbitration proceedings as a representative of others. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we each waive any right to a jury trial.
Terms & Conditions - last modified: September 19 2016